- Petworth House & Park, , GU28 0AE
- 01798 342207
Petworth House in Petworth, West Sussex, United Kingdom, is a late 17th-century mansion, rebuilt in 1688 by Charles Seymour, 6th Duke of Somerset, and altered in the 1870s by Anthony Salvin. The site was previously occupied by a castle founded by Henry de Percy, the 13th-century chapel and undercroft of which still survive.
Today’s building houses an important collection of paintings and sculptures, including 19 oil paintings by Turner, who was a regular visitor to Petworth, paintings by Van Dyck, carvings by Grinling Gibbons and murals by Louis Laguerre.
It stands in a 700 acre (2.8 km