- RHQ The Royal Scots, The Castle, EH1 2YT
- +44 (0)131 310 5014
The Museum is situated in Edinburgh Castle.
The Museum is a private one and is financially dependent on voluntary contributions. Admission is free and all visitors are welcome.
Group of OfficersIt was opened by The Colonel in Chief, H.R.H. The Princess Royal, on 27th June, 1991. The story of the Regiment is explained in chronological order on pictorial wall panels supported by maps, display cases, tableaux and dioramas. The medal collection is too large to be openly displayed and therefore only a selection is on view. The remainder is mounted in drawers which can be opened on request. Also to be seen are collections of silver, sets of drums and old colours. Other interesting features of the Museum are the descriptions given of contemporary life in the Army and the overhead panels which show significant national and world events of the relevant period.
On entering the Museum after being introduced to the Regiment by a modern piper, the visitor is immediately taken back over three hundred years to the raising of the Regiment by Sir John Hepburn in 1633. There follows an account of the Regiment’s activities up the present day.